In a bid to deliver quality and affordable houses to Nigeria workers in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja; the Trade Union Congress (TUC) has entered into a partnership with Rock of Ages Properties limited, a member of (CHCASON) Group overseeing real estate management to build 10,000 houses for civil servants in Abuja.
Executive director of the CHCASON Group, Mr. Adike Chux, who disclosed this yesterday said the company is ready for commencement of constructions on two phases, plot 301 and 302 of L22 Abuja FCT is in Lugbe South. He added that the houses will covers 443 hectare; this 443 hectare of land has two schemes, designed to have high density, low density on medium density area, commercial area, playground, recreation center, and other facilities like hotels and shopping malls.
Chux said that the 10,000 housing units in the Lugbe South and in other locations in Abuja will make it up to 25,000 houses, during a guided tour of the land by civil servants and other beneficiaries. “We are commencing constructions from here immediately. And what we have done is to segment it into clusters, if you have the opportunity of looking at the site development plan as approved by the urban and regional planning of the FCDA; there are about six clusters, and within the cluster each of the clusters has about 2,500 apartments.
In the associated social infrastructures and commercial infrastructures the clusters are not necessarily in phases. The ideals of the clusters is for the purposes of projects management, as soon as one cluster starts the other clusters can kick off, our target is to finish the construction within the next three years.
It will amaze you that we are going to have a place bigger than gwarinpa here, the MD stated.
He reiterated that the houses are for workers like the Trade Union Congress (TUC), and it doesn’t limit it only on TUCs, every Nigerian workers who is a contributor to pension and National Housing Fund automatically qualifies, they make 20 per cent contributions, the remaining 80 per cent is paid via mortgaged from the Federal Mortgage Bank and we already have a written undertaking and guarantee from the Federal Mortgage Bank to provide 5000 mortgages and it will be roll over as soon as the 5000 is delivered so the normal contributions to the Federal Mortgage Bank is from their salaries and it will be for a period of 15 to 20 years. According to MD, the company has perfected strategies to finish the first cluster as quick as possible.
Meanwhile, the Trade Union President Comrade Bobboi Bala Kaigama, said one of the promises he made to Nigeria workers when elected as the president of Trade Union Congress is to create enabling environment for workers to own a house in Abuja; That is why the union has partnered with the Rock City developers to be able get affordable houses in Abuja.
Kaigama, said that it’s a promise he made during his electioneering campaigns to Nigeria workers to provide homes for them. So what you are seeing here today is the first phase of the project in partnership with our developer which is Rock of Ages Properties. Today is the groundbreaking ceremony; we thank President Goodluck Jonathan for ordering the FCT Minister to allocate land for the union for this development.
He urge the comrade’s members of the union to key into the projects saying that is one of the reasons why they were all invited to come and see for themselves in other to make their choices. Saying the Federal Mortgage Bank has played their role in mortgaging the houses for them; what is left is for them to make the choice of the houses they want.


(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)